I think the best part for all of the kids was celebrating National Donut Day with a free donut from Krispy Kreme after the show. The kicker was when we were pulling out of the Krispy Kreme parking lot. Elise looked out the window and saw a big airplane over the airfield on base (now 3 miles away) and yelled “wow, look at that cool airplane!” My head wanted to explode.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Air Show
Friday was the big air show on Hill Air Force Base. It was really just the practice show for base employees, but it was good enough for us. Nate and I loved it. We’re hoping that the kids will be more interested when they are older. They weren’t so impressed this time around. In their defense, it was a bit windy and cold and their loser mom didn’t think to bring jackets. Plus, there were a few delays while they were working out some issues with the planes. Ben and Emily liked parts, but they would have been happy if the show only ran 45 minutes from start to finish. Elise did not like it at all and wasn’t afraid to tell us . . . “When are we going home?”, “I’m sick of this place”, “Let’s blow this pop-stand”, “I’m going to puke if we have to stay here any longer.” She’s a joy. It wasn’t just the air show. We heard pretty much the same refrain at the zoo (until we got to the playground) and at the movie theater last week. She is seriously making me reconsider our summer vacation plans. When I mentioned that to the kids, Ben and Emily were quick to compensate. “Thanks Mom and Dad for taking us fun places. We appreciate it. You’re the best mom and dad in the whole wide world.”
I think the best part for all of the kids was celebrating National Donut Day with a free donut from Krispy Kreme after the show. The kicker was when we were pulling out of the Krispy Kreme parking lot. Elise looked out the window and saw a big airplane over the airfield on base (now 3 miles away) and yelled “wow, look at that cool airplane!” My head wanted to explode.






I think the best part for all of the kids was celebrating National Donut Day with a free donut from Krispy Kreme after the show. The kicker was when we were pulling out of the Krispy Kreme parking lot. Elise looked out the window and saw a big airplane over the airfield on base (now 3 miles away) and yelled “wow, look at that cool airplane!” My head wanted to explode.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I laughed out loud when I read the last 2 sentances! I love the way you have all three of your girls in matching tops!
The hill air force base air show is always Matt's favorite. Wasn't it your wedding that matt and I went to the airshow between your wedding and reception??
Keri, I had forgotten about you guys going to the airshow on our wedding day, but I'm sure you did. We went the day before our wedding. I was going to post a picture of it, but I was not looking so cute that day with my baseball cap and baggy t-shirt. :)
Even though I've heard the story, it still cracked me up reading it again. You are totally going to laugh at that in a few years. We're sad we missed going with you guys!
Post a Comment