Friday, June 5, 2009

Zoo

We took the kids to the zoo yesterday. The zoo is fun. If we lived closer, we would go every week. Okay, maybe every month. These were the highlights from this trip:

1. The bird show.

2. The daddy orangutan that was being selfish with his frozen treat.

3. Seeing the elephants up close. They were in the rhinoceros enclosure so we were just a couple of feet away through the glass. We could see right up into their mouths while they were chewing. It was very cool.

4. The baby golden lion tamarin hanging onto his mommy’s back.

5. The playground . . . at least it was on the top of the list for the kids. Abby LOVED the little elephant slide. Once she discovered it, she didn’t want to do anything else.








I’m trying hard to be a patient and fun summer mom. I have a low tolerance for whining in general and even lower when we are spending money (or an about-to-expire season pass) to do something fun. Nate says I need to lower my expectations. I think he is right. Our kids are dang good 93% of the time. I am working on not letting the other 7% drive me nutty.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

It looks like fun, we were sad to not hang out with you yesterday, but hope you had fun. When we went to the zoo the orangutans were one of our favorites as well.

I also think I have way too high of expectations for my kids, I'm trying to be better, but it's not an easy thing.

P.S. Our computer is on the fritz so if you need to get a hold of me you can call my cell phone. If you email I can't promise when I'll see it because I hate using our computer downstairs.