Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day Fun

(Guest post by Nate) We spent a great father’s day together. I got to sleep in a bit in the morning, and Malinda made some delicious cinnamon rolls for breakfast. The kids were all very excited about the gifts that they had wrapped, but we waited until after church to open them. Elise was asked to give a short talk in sharing time about her dad. She did a great job. The kids did a wonderful job singing daddy songs in sacrament meeting, but afterward Ben kept telling us “I just can’t forgive myself about Mother’s Day” (since he had been such a stinker when it was time to sing). We told him it was OK, and that we forgave him, but he still feels badly about it. I guess that isn’t such a bad thing; hopefully it was a good lesson for him.

After we got home from church I was spoiled with lots of cool presents, including a Perler bead butterfly from Emily, a croquet set, a bocce game set, some new pants, an awesome silhouette print of our kids, and a photo cube with cute pictures of the kids and the family for me to take to work. I went outside with the kids to play croquet while Malinda put the finishing touches on the kids’ big surprise for me. She and the kids made a fun little burger & fries dessert. The kids thought they were so clever and they couldn’t wait to give it to me. They all tried to fool me that it was a real hamburger and fries. They were convinced that I thought it was a real hamburger, and they got a kick out of watching me be surprised when I bit into it.

We played some more croquet and bocce, had yummy apricot chicken for dinner, then wrapped up the evening and put the kids to bed. It was an awesome day.




2 comments:

Katie Jason said...

I love the burgers :) How did you make them?
Nate you did a great guest post. I still think of you anytime I make brownies!

Heidi said...

Is this Nate's first ever post? What a great Father's Day. You guys are such a cute family!