Monday, June 15, 2009

Anniversary Weekend

We celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary on Friday. I had seriously considered buying some cheap plane tickets and visiting Matt and Keri in Hawaii, but in the real world we decided to spend a couple of days in Cache Valley. My mom came on Friday morning and stayed with the kids until Saturday night. At the risk of sounding like a bad mom, I have to say that I didn’t miss them at all. It has been a long time (8.5 years) since Nate and I have been together for more than 24 hours without the kids and it was blissful. It was fabulous to have two completely unscheduled days to do whatever we wanted. We did a little shopping, tried some new restaurants (Firehouse is our new favorite), walked around Providence/decided to move there, went on a hike, had Aggie Ice Cream, and took a self-guided tour of campus. We stayed at the Providence Inn. It was a quality place and we loved it. They had fresh baked cookies and hot chocolate available all day and brought a yummy breakfast right to our room in the morning. It was great!

8 comments:

EmWJ said...

So fun! I love the Providence Inn!

EmWJ said...

Oh, and happy anniversary. I just have to agree that 1999 was the perfect year to get married in.

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! I agree Firehouse is yummy.

Claudy said...

Jason said...is actually suppose to say Eckardt's said...
Oops...Sorry. I didn't notice I was using Jason's google account.

Amy said...

I'm glad you guys had a well deserved, fun anniversary. You'll just have to go to Hawaii on year 15 (or sooner - it's awesome!)

Heidi said...

Happy Anniversary to you! Your comment of not missing the kids cracked me up! I think I would only miss Gavin, but I'm sure in a year or two I wouldn't miss him much either.
I'm glad you guys had fun, but you aren't allowed to move up there. :)

Hilary said...

Since you've decided to move here I just thought I would let you know that there are some lots available in my neighborhood.:) Nate and Karl could carpool to work--it would be g-r-e-a-t great!

Think about it.

Mandi said...

Read this - http://why-ohwhy.blogspot.com/2009/06/small-world.html.

Just so you know, you will all be stalked by the Hansen family now.

Happy Belated Anniversary! And I have to agree that the Providence Inn is a pretty great place to get away. I'm glad you had some good kid-free time. And I had to laugh at Heidi's comment that "you aren't allowed to move up there."