Thursday, June 4, 2009

Big Girl Bed

Abby hit another big milestone last weekend and moved into a big girl bed. Gone are the days of being confined in a crib. That complicates my life a bit, but it had to happen sooner or later. We moved her bed into the girls’ room and moved their dresser into her old room. She is very excited about sharing a room with her sisters. In fact, Ben is the only one who isn’t thrilled with the idea. That poor, brother-less boy is a little bitter about having his own room. We tried to soften the blow by letting him have a slumber party in the girls’ room on Friday night. Abby is used to staying up late and sleeping late. We’re hoping that she adjusts to the early to bed, early to rise routine pretty quickly. She’s had a couple of impromptu naps in random places this week.





I was trying to remember how old our other kids were when they made the big move, so I searched our old photos. Ben moved out of his crib the first night in our new house (21 months). Emily moved just before Elise was born (almost 2 years old). I had forgotten that she still loved her bottle, but there it is in the picture. Elise was 2 years and 2 months old. She would arrange all of her babies in bed with her every night. Good memories!




5 comments:

Claudy said...

Great pictures! I bet the girls love having a dressing room and a bedroom.

Katie Jason said...

Wow . . I'm impressed. Ryan still doesn't want to move out of his crib. We got a toddler bed when Megan was 6 months old and had only ever been in a bassinet / travel cot. Ryan absolutely doesn't want to leave his crib . . so we have borrowed another one which Megan sleeps in. I have a feeling Megan will move out of her crib before Ryan does!

Heidi said...

I love the pictures and wahoo "the Heidi blanket" is in 2 out of the 4 pictures. Abby looks so cute in the just woke up pictures. Maybe now she'll start having nap time again.

Poor Ben, tell him he can come have a sleep over with my boys and pretend they are brothers. Which by the way I can't believe how much he looks like my kids in that picture, do you think? Maybe I'll have to kidnap him for a week. :)

Amy said...

Braden feels the same way as Ben! Even though he shares a room right now with Rachel, that won't last long as they get older. Besides, he says he wants to share a room with someone who can talk! I guess saying "mama, dada, cheese, water and no" doesn't qualify! He has frequent "sleepovers" in his big sisters bedroom and I'm sure he will be more often now that school is out.

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

Love the toddler pictures! They are all so cute.