Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cousin Time - Pizza Man

We took the kids on a fun little fieldtrip to Pizza Man this week. Nate heard about it from his friend at work and called set up a time for us (9:00 a.m. !!!). The task of getting myself and four kids presentable and out the door before 9 a.m. is always a bit daunting, but we made it. Jody brought Holly’s kids and her friend Tara joined us with her two boys (the older one was only along because he was mowing Jody’s lawn afterward, but he played along with the rest of the kids). The kids got watch how they make and roll the dough and then got to twist their own breadsticks. While the breadsticks were in the oven, they each got to make their own pizza. The guy running the tour was great with the kids and José, the breadtwist man, was adorable. I don’t think he spoke/understood one word of English, but he was super cute with the kids. Everyone had fun. We filled up on yummy (aka best in the world) breadtwists and brought the pizzas home for lunch.







When we got home, Claudy called to see if we wanted to go to the pool with her and Kerri. It was a nice way to spend the afternoon. I took the camera, but I didn’t take any pictures. Once I got in the water I didn’t want to get out in the cold air. (75 degrees feels cold when you’re all wet.) I decided that going to the pool with friends is lots more fun (for both me and the kids) than going alone. It was great to hang out and chat with girlfriends while the kids played.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Yumm, Pizza Man. My mouth is watering! We should get some on the 4th, can I invite us along to spend the morning with you like I always do?

P.S. I can't keep up with all of your posts! Will you update my blog? :)

Claudy said...

It's the same with camping. Once you go with family and/or friends you realize it's more entertaining. Then you go by yourself and it's blah. Thanks for coming to the pool it was great!