Wednesday, July 15, 2009

California Trip Day Five – Conference and Beach Take Two

On the way to breakfast this morning Emily said, “Today is going to be just like yesterday, except we’re going to be good.” That pretty much sums up the day. We did all the same things as yesterday, but the kids were better behaved and I was happier. It was a much better day.




Abby fell asleep on the way to the beach and woke up about ten minutes before we came home. It worked out great. She needed a good nap and I was happy to hang out on a towel next to her and just be lazy. The girls got in the water for a while, but mostly just wanted to play in the sand. Ben and Nate spent a lot of time in the water. Nate even got in some boogie boarding. It was a good fun time. We finished off the night with by watching Wipeout and eating some yummy food from El Pollo Loco.








I’m learning that having four kids is somewhat of an anomaly (outside of Utah). We’ve gotten several comments from strangers about our abnormally large family over the past few days. “How many kids do you have?!?” – “Just these four.” – “Wow, four kids!” It is kind of funny to me. I guess I am skewed by knowing lots of families with 6 or 7 kids. I don’t really see our little family as freakishly large.

2 comments:

Claudy said...

Where do you think I got my 2 kids is plenty from. Only until my family moved to Utah I experienced large families besides my mom's and dad's.

Heidi said...

Our boys love Wipeout. They will just randomly say to me, I want to watch Wipeout.

Holy ribs on Ben, have you stopped feeding that kid.

I love Emily and Elise's swimming suits, are those skirts attached or separate?

What happened with Abby, that picture is hilarious!

That's crazy that 4 kids is considered a large family.