Wednesday, July 22, 2009

California Trip Day Twelve – Home Again, Home Again

The ride home was pretty uneventful. I thought the kids would complain about being in the car for so long, but they really didn’t. They watched four movies. That helped. The only noteworthy story was our quest for dinner. We decided to do Arby’s Wednesday freebie deal (buy a drink, get a free sandwich). It turned into a project to find a participating Arby’s. If they are attached to a gas station, they don’t count. We finally found one. Nate brought the food out to the car. When he was handing me the drinks I squeezed one a little too hard or something and spilled 20 ounces of ice cold sprite all over myself. And, we almost ran out of gas. Other than that, it was smooth sailing.



It was nice to get home. We are grateful for friends and family who took care of things (lawn, raspberries, garbage cans, UPS deliveries, etc.) while were gone. It was good to see the house was still in one piece . . . and a comfy 92 degrees inside. Tomorrow Nate goes back to work and I get to clean and do laundry and all the other normal stuff. Back to real life.

4 comments:

EmWJ said...

Wow, sounds like such a fabulous trip, what a fun memory-maker!

dcscrivy said...

What an nice trip, a lot of fun for the kids. Claudy let me come pick some of your rasperberries with her, thanks, they were so yummy. The kids and I ate them before Dan even got home from work that day, oops, sorry daddy!

Heidi said...

Yeah, we were glad you made it home safe! That's a quality picture.

Heather said...

I'm exhausted just looking at the pictures! Glad you had such a great time together!