Sunday, July 19, 2009

California Trip Day Nine – Day of Rest

We didn’t exactly keep the Sabbath day holy (as Ben kept reminding us), but we did have a nice, lazy day. We took the kids to Walmart to pick out some souvenirs. They have a quality Disney section and the kids each got to pick a few things to buy. They were happy and we didn’t have to break the bank. The kids watched a movie while Nate and I made our RideMax plan for Monday. Then we went to Denny’s for dinner. We actually went to IHOP first, but apparently if you own an IHOP in close proximity to Disneyland, you think you can double your prices on everything. I just couldn’t bring myself to pay $9 for a kids’ meal. Abby fell asleep on the three minute trip from IHOP to Denny’s and slept all through dinner. She woke up just as we were leaving and threw up all over my shirt. I’m hoping that it was just a combination of waking up and having a little coughing attack and that she isn’t really getting sick.

We discovered the downside of our big hotel room. We spent most of the day just hanging out in our room and when we started to get ready for bed, we noticed that everyone’s feet were completely black on the bottom. Apparently, clean carpets are not a high priority in this place. Nate complained to the manager and then put extra sheets and towels down on the floor to create a buffer between our feet and the not-so-clean carpet.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Nothing like kids to keep you doing what you're supposed to. Our boys are the modesty police.

That sucks about Abby, you never told me she was sick there so I'm hoping that was just a one time fluke.

All I can say about the carpet is GROSS!

Hilary said...

As you know Britton is the king of random throw ups so we know all about that around here. Fun stuff.

I know the exact IHOP you are talking about! We went there, too, but it was the "kids eat free" night so we only had to complain about how much extra Adam and I had to pay. :-)