Monday, June 27, 2011

Cousin Fun: Temple Square

For last week’s cousin date, we took the kids to Temple Square. Our original plan was to go swimming, but too many kids had gotten too much sun on Wednesday. So, we bumped Temple Square ahead in the lineup. We took tours of the Beehive House and Church Office Building and then spent some time in the South Visitor Center and the Church History Museum. It was hot and I was tired (and maybe a little bit grumpy), but I’m glad we went. The kids always have a great time hanging out with their cousins and hearing them tell Nate about everything they saw made it all worth it.





Our van started having some serious transmission issues on the way home. Driving 55 mph on the freeway the whole way home with the air conditioning off (it was making the engine overheat) did not add to the fun of the outing. I kept telling myself “we’re making a memory,” but some memories I could live without.

3 comments:

Claudy said...

They do tours at the church office building??? I did not know that. We'll have to do it next time we go to SLC.

Heather said...

Cousin fieldtrips - how awesome! Nice to have some live close enough to pull that together.

Heidi said...

That's one of the activities on our summer list, this makes me want to bump it up higher. Without the memories you had though. :)