Friday, June 24, 2011

Ten Year Vacation Plan (rough draft) and Road Trip Quote Wall


“We’re going to die!” (Elise during the hailstorm at Devil’s Tower)

“That horse is making a move . . . and she is keeping her butt to the fence” (Nate when he saw an excited horse edging toward a mare.)

“Is that a black bear?!? Oh. It’s a cow.” (Malinda)

“Wisconsin, Illinois, & Nebraska. Curse you all!” (Ben looking for new license plates in the parking lot)

“Sorry, I didn’t shave my armpits.” (Elise)

“We’re going to die!” (Elise while driving the Needles Highway)

“I just saw two deer or anteaters or something.” (Emily. Antelope, anteaters . . . they’re all the same)

“It’s going to be brilliant!” (Ben anticipating seeing Mt. Rushmore up close)

“No I willn’t!” (Abby when Ben told her she would like Harry Potter when she is older)

“We know, Mom… Lecture #4.” (Ben . . . funny story behind this one involving Elder Bednar)

“If you lived up here, you could throw snowballs every day.” (Elise at the top of Beartooth Highway)

“Is it peeing?” (Abby. She missed seeing the Buffalo peeing the previous day and asked this question whenever anyone would say “buffalo” the next day. She wanted to take a “bideo” of a peeing buffalo.)

“It smells like cheerios.” (Emily at the Mud Volcano)

4 comments:

Heidi said...

You guys are nerds! When are you going to Hawaii and Alaska?

What is the story behind Elise and shaving her armpits? I love the quotes!

Malinda said...

Nate thinks Alaska and Hawaii are optional. I think 2019 and 2020 (the week before Ben leaves on his mission).

There is no story with the armpits. That is just Elise. She says completely random things all the time.

Heidi said...

Aaron would say that Elise sounds like me.

Kaylynn said...

I love the map!