The highlight for Ben’s team was winning a game. That’s right. Just one game. On the bright side, it makes it all the more exciting when they win because it is so rare. Ben even scored a goal in the game they won. I wasn’t there to see it, but Ben was happy to tell me all about it. Nate had a good first go at coaching. The boys on his team improved a ton since the start of fall season (even if their record doesn’t show it). They had some close games with teams that would have slaughtered them last season.

The excitement of the season for Emily was scoring three goals in one game. That is unheard of for her and she was beaming by the end of the game. I only saw one of the goals. If I would have known she was going to turn into a scoring maniac all of a sudden, I would have paid closer attention.

Elise was on a team with four other pretty aggressive players. She scored several goals throughout the season, but was also content to stand back a bit and let her teammates fight over the ball. It will be good for her to move onto the bigger fields and more structured play of the U8 division.

(The photographer had the girls on Elise’s team tuck in their shirts. I’m not a fan of that look, but what are you going to do?)
All four kids are signed up to play in the fall, and Nate is coaching Emily’s team. It will be interesting to get the schedules and see how we are going to make it all work. I am excited to see Abby play. That first year is always my favorite. Every game is basically just a half hour comedy show.
3 comments:
Sigh. My fault on missing Emily's goals.
What do you mean - I love the tucked in shirts:)
We just signed Zack and Austin up and they are so excited! I'm excited to see the comedy show as well.
Post a Comment